caramel crunch quinoa granola
Bet you thought you’d never hear caramel and quinoa in the same recipe…Well allow me to rock your world.
Unbeknownst to me, people have been baking queen quinoa (try saying that out loud) into granolas on the reg. After I was able to let that sink in, I was determined to make a crunchy, crispy, buttery granola that would be in its own category of bad-ass-ness.
Half dessert, half breakfast, half snack (disregard my math skills) this granola is tantalizing in texture and taste. Good enough to sprinkle on ice cream, healthy and substantial enough to have for breakfast with some cold plant milk. Messy enough to spill all over the floor as you hastily grab a handful.
Let me make this clear IT TASTES LIKE CARAMEL CORN IN GRANOLA FORM.
There I said it. It takes like 30 minutes to make including prep time. Don’t mess around
caramel crunch quinoa granola recipe
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 tbsp. chia seed
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pepita/sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- pinch salt
- tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven for 350 degree F and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan or microwave and stir in maple syrup and chia seed. Set aside to cool and allow chia to soak up liquid.
- Combine dry ingredients (except dried cranberries) in medium bowl.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture, and mix thoroughly until everything is equally coated
- Pour granola onto prepared pan, spreading out evenly in one layer
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice to ensure everything is getting evenly toasty. Granola should be nicely golden brown when finished.
- Remove from oven, add in cranberries and let cool before storing.
- (don’t forget to sample when fresh outta the oven cause that stuff is GOLD)
Fuel your awesome