These cookies have a shameful secret.
Their decadent, chewy and rich flavour?
Their chocolaty, nutty, creamy and crunchy bliss to the last bite?
It’s all a farce.
They are lying to you.
Beneath their devilish exterior these miracle morsels are not only flourless + refined sugar free but ALSO blossoming with monounsaturated fats, omega 3’s, fiber, protein and antioxidants.
What’s with all of those chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pepita seeds and oats? I tossed them in there to give you a kick of lasting energy, and it wont hurt that their fiber content keeps you full and satisfied between meals either (key to not eating 17 cookies at once)
Refined sugar? Absolutely not in my cooks’. Soft mejool dates are blended into a sweet paste to provide that tone of sweetness we look for in a cookie- WITH the added benefits of body-loving minerals like potassium and magnesium.
Yes lovelies, I’m serving up the goodness of your routine oatmeal breakfast in a neatly packed, chewy, chunky, chocolate chip-specked parcel of joy.
These cookies go the long haul, they’re more than just a pretty face.
They’ll put in work for you, delight you, satisfy you, tempt you (as they are doing right now from the brown bag in my backpack where 25 sit tightly)
You’ll want to share them-but you wont want to share them.
They are perfect for those afternoons where you were so certain it was Friday but it was really Wednesday.
Or when you forget the salad dressing for your monster greek salad at home and you’re this close to throwing the whole Tupperware against the wall.
Those $4 dollar monster cookies that temp you from that swanky café down the block every time you get your morning coffee?
Yeah, those ones.
Walk on by sister
1/2 cup almond butter
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1.5 cups cashew/coconut milk
1 heaping cup mejool dates
1 cup gluten free oat flour (oat flakes finely ground)
1 cup gluten free oats
¼ cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup chia seeds
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pepita seeds
1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped up
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Prepare your wet ingredients: in a high speed blender or food processor blend all ingredients for around 30 seconds until creamy and dates have broken down. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Pour in wet ingredients and stir with a spatula until everything is coated.
- Scoop out cookie dough by hand or large spoon onto tray. Flatten into large circular disks.
- Bake for about 24 minutes, but keep an eye on them after 20. They are ready when they are light golden brown and crispy around the edges